The C4JR aims to establish a comprehensive state-funded reparation program for all civilian victims of gross human rights violations perpetrated during the ISIS armed conflict in Iraq. We also want to ensure that reparative measures reach their intended beneficiaries by monitoring the implementation of existing and forthcoming legislation.
Thus, our immediate goals are:
- Unify Iraqi civil society´s position with regard to reparations
- Enter into dialogue with relevant stakeholders In Iraq on reparations
- Provide a framework for debate on reparations based on human rights law
- Facilitate the involvement of survivors in all stages of the reparations debate
- Clarify the importance of reparations to the general public