Contacting and organizing informative events for a range of Iraqi CSOs, potential C4JR members. These events are intended to:
• present the initiative to create a coalition that will advocate for a comprehensive reparation program for all victims (link) of armed conflict (link) with ISIS in Iraq.
• explain the methodology used to establish a C4JR.
• provide space for an open a discussion on different aspects of reparative justice. (link to reparations)
Achieved so far
Three information events were organized (in Duhok, Erbil and Sulaymaniyah) reaching out to more than 30 CSOs from Kurdistan region and other parts of Iraq.
• Position paper on reparations. This document shall contain core common principles on reparations (link) in Iraq that will serve as one of the blueprints against which forthcoming state efforts to provide reparations (link) to victims (link) may be measured.
• Founding charter. This document shall outline C4JR´s governance structure (rights and obligations of members, decision making process, day to day managing of a coalition, control mechanisms etc.)
• Prospective activities of the C4JR.
Answers will be used for designing initial drafts of the three basic C4JR documents (link to the glossary) which will be further discussed, accordingly amended and fine-tuned in close collaboration with all involved CSOs.
Advanced versions of the drafts of the three basic C4JR documents (link to the glossary) will be discussed and final versions agreed in person during a working meeting attended by all participating NGOs. Official endorsement (through signing) of the documents will be performed by the authorized representatives of the CSOs during a founding conference, when C4JR will be formally established and presented to the public.
Achieved so far
Consultation process with CSO is ongoing.
In the fourth phase, campaign/advocacy work with relevant stakeholders should take place through press conferences, meetings with international actors in Iraq (diplomats, UN agencies, NGOs etc.), talks with politicians, local leaders etc. The exact nature and scope of the activities will be agreed in the respective document (link to the glossary).